Make The Lodge Your Polar Fest HQ!
POLAR FEST - 10 DAYS OF WINTER FUN IN BEAUTIFUL DETROIT LAKES
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota is home to Polar Fest - a celebration embracing the winter season, February 7-16, 2014. Make The Lodge your Polar Fest Headquarters.
Between all the Polar Fest fun, you can relax in our 2-story lakefront, fireside lobby with bar and daily grand piano sunset serenades. Rejuvenate. Renewal Spa Suites feature aromatherapy whirlpool tubs and fireplaces. Reconnect. Gather in a Retreat Room with furnished kitchens and connecting rooms for family or other friends you bring to celebrate winter in Detroit Lakes. All 54 rooms and suites are lakefront and smoke free, most offering a private balcony. Discover dramatic décor, glass enclosed walk-in showers, upscale bedding, 42" flat panel LCD HDTV, free HSIA.
Friday, February 7:
6:00 p.m. Daddy's Little Sweetheart Dance - Historic Holmes Theatre/DLCCC - 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org
Saturday, February 8:
Noon - 3:00 p.m. (gates open at 9:00 a.m.) DL Breakfast Rotary Poles 'n Holes Fishing Derby -- North Side of Little Detroit Lake/Public Access on West Lake Drive - www.icefishingdetroitlakes.org
Sunday, February 9:
1:00 p.m. Winter Olympic Games - BJ's Barbeque Shack - Free - fun family winter games, free hot chocolate & s'mores. www.bjsbbqshack.com
Monday, February 10:
4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Chocolate Chill - Washington Square Mall -- chocolate sampling and Valentine's Day shopping specials! www.visitdetroitlakes.com
Tuesday, February 11:
4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Polar-riffic Spaghetti Dinner - DL Noon Rotary/MState Cafeteria
Wednesday, February 12:
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. The Polar Putt - Center Court at Washington Square Mall - Free - putt to win prizes! http://www.detroitlakesshoppingmallmn.com
Thursday, February 13: No scheduled activities
Friday, February 14
- 1:00 p.m. Ice Tee Golf Tourney -- Zorbaz (arrive early for lunch at noon with fellow Ice Tee golfers) - call 218-844-4221 x120 to register to golf www.dlccc.org
- 7:30 p.m. He Said, She Said: A Valentine's Night of Comedy with Pat Hazell & Karen Morgan - call 218-844-7469 for tickets or www.dlccc.org
Saturday, February 15
- 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Registration for ULTRA Snowmobile Club 10th Annual DL Vintage Rally & Swap Meet -- DL City Beach in front of Zorbaz, ride to follow
- 9:00 a.m. Freeze Your Buns 5k Run/Walk -- DLCCC - register at 218-844-4221 x108 or www.dlccc.org
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Family Snow Games presented by DMRA -- Little Detroit Lake near the Plunge area -- Free
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Youth Fishing Derby -- Minnesota Darkhouse & Angling Association -- on Little Detroit near Zorbaz -- Free for ages 12 and under
- 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Plunge Party at the Pavilion -- food & beverages served by the DL Jaycees, lots of games & fun for families, including a Bean Bag Tourney at 2:30 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. 18th Annual Polar Fest Plunge -- on Little Detroit Lake -- to register call 218-847-5700 x4 or http://bgcdl.org/about-us/special-events/polar-fest-plunge.aspx -- proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Detroit Lakes
- 6:00 p.m. Tailgating on the Lake -- in front of Zorbaz -- Free hot chocolate provided -- sponsored by the Lakes Area Parrot Heads
- 7:00 p.m. Frozen Fireworks Display -- on Little Detroit Lake, best viewing from the public beach
- 9:00 p.m. Welcome to Polaritaville Dance -- Zorbaz -- music by Cruize Control, a Jimmy Buffett tribute band -- sponsored by Lakes Area Parrot Heads -- donations accepted for Becker County Food Pantry -- www.lakesareaparrotheads.com
Sunday, February 16
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Skating with Polar Pete -- Free -- People's Park (between Rossman and Summit Avenues, behind Zorbaz and across from the Ice Arena).
- 3:00 p.m. Concordia College Choir Concert -- Holy Rosary Catholic Church - $ -- www.TheConcordiaChoir.org
- 5:30 p.m. "That's Amore" Italian Wine Dinner Event -- Best Western Premier/The Lodge on Lake Detroit -- $35 advance registration required by calling 218-847-8439 or www.thelodgeonlakedetroit.com
- 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Live at the Lodge featuring The David Ferreira Trio with Russ Peterson on saxophone -- Best Western Premier/The Lodge on Lake Detroit -- Free -- www.thelodgeonlakedetroit.com