Kathie Brekke & The 42nd Street Jazz Band
The 42nd Street Jazz Band is a highly energetic and entertaining musical group that performs concerts around the region at community theaters paying tribute to The Big Band Era as well as Dixieland and Latin Music.
We understand your musical entertainment needs and can provide your event with: Harley Sommerfeld (Sax, Clarinet, Flute) Kent Karch (Upright Bass, vocal) Joe Riewer (Drums) Shawn Brekke (Trumpet, Flugal horn, vocal) Kathie Brekke (Piano, vocal).
Quiet dinner music with warm ballads and familiar swing tunes.
- A fun Mardi Gras Dixieland band to liven up the room and do some light entertaining.
- An interesting mix of Latin and standard jazz tunes.
- Fabulous 50’s music to please a dancing wedding reception.
- Music from the swing era that will be appealing to that hard to please diverse audience.
- Each member of 42nd Street has performed in various styles of bands throughout the region with a combination of 40 years of musical entertainment experience.